|Home||About Us||News and Events||Charters||Training Center||Association Center||Membership|
The CFD course is available to self-study only.
To qualify for the CFD, the applicant - at a minimum - must:
1. Hold a four-year college degree in business; or.
2. Hold a four-year college degree and demonstrate substantial experience in fraud consulting and advisory services. Substantial experience may defined in one of four ways –.
a. Have two year or more (full-time or equivalent) in fraud detection, prevention, investigation or related disciplines; or,
b. Have performed five or more fraud consulting engagements in which the applicant’s role was significant in forming the recommendation or conclusions of a report; or,
c. Be able to demonstrate substantial knowledge of fraud concepts such as having published works on the subject, completed graduate work in the field; or,
d. Currently hold in good standing a fraud related accreditation in a field that supports the fundamental foundation of skills used in fraud deterrence from a recognized organization, including, but not limited to CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CA (Chartered Account-ant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CMA (Certified Management Accountant), or CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst).
3. Be a member in good standing of an IACVA Charter (at or prior to taking the examination).
4. While it is not required IACVA strongly recommends completion of a four-day training program and prescribed course of study.
5. Submit three personal and three business references.
6. Pass a four-hour comprehensive proctored examination of multiple choice questions designed to test participants on fraud deterrence theory and concepts.
To continue to hold an active CFD, individuals must be associate members of IACVA. CFDs who allow their membership to lapse will lose their certification .and then must reapply to reinstate their membership and certification.
Earning a CFD - For professionals involved with fraud deterrence and prevention, the professional credential also requires certain pre-requisites, training and an examination. A CFD is required to maintain his professional competency by fulfilling periodic recertification requirements. This a real enhancement to anyone involved in auditing, corporate governance, internal controls, IT, banking, government and taxation.
|Course materials and examination (Mandatory item)||$1170|
|New member dues – include applicable amount|