IACVA¡¯s credentials are recognized worldwide.
Drawing on the respective and complementary strengths of Charter Members, IACVA offers individuals and organizations a means of enhancing opportunities in the valuation and fraud deterrence arenas. Membership is available to individuals only through a Charter affiliation.
In addition to certification, all Associate Members receive a free subscription to a bimonthly magazine The Value Examiner published by the US Charter, NACVA (National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts). This magazine offers a useful source of professional development materials. Each issue of the Examiner features four to six substantive articles worthy of adding to your library. Over a year they will generally cover all of the following categories:
- Valuation Theory and Practice
- Application to Intangible Assets and Intellectual Property
- US Litigation Matters
- Valuation Court Case Decisions
- International Valuation Issues
- Marketing & Practice Development
- Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Valuation Industry News
- New Areas of Opportunity for Practitioners such as:
- How to expand into Other Services
- Strategies for Building Company Value
Each Charter can offer articles authored by Associate Members for publication in The Value Examiner. This IACVA-only benefit offers all IACVA members a unique opportunity to share in the future development of valuation theory, as the evolution of forensic skills.
Other IACVA benefits (some of which require an additional fee) include:
- Professional development programs through seminars (both live and online), conferences, symposiums, and self-study courses.
- Guidance on standards of professional practice.
- Valuation referral services where names, addresses and phone numbers of certified members are provided to prospective clients seeking services and facilitated through an online membership directory
- Information, consulting, library and research services through KeyValueDataTM and from our Mentor Support Group
- Pre-packaged seminars for associate members to present to lawyers, accountants, auditors , business owners and other professionals in their community
- Online services designed to assist associate members in their research and provide quick
- access to various exclusive databases and support services
- Promotional material that allows Charter Members to improve the awareness of IACVA and its credentialed Associate Members to the international legal, business and professional communities
- A Library of sanitized Valuation Reports to demonstrate ¡°best practices¡±, as well as various other reference materials
- Discounts on purchases of training and products sold by NACVA in the US
- Business valuation software to assist in analytical activities and report writing. This increases the efficiency and thoroughness of an assignment and improves the quality of the final product.
- An online Technical Resource Database (TRD) listing valuation, litigation support and fraud deterrence books, publications, software and reference sources
- A Peer review Quality Enhancement program
- A Credentialed Members Directory
- A web-based lecture series (currently offered by NACVA for very reasonable prices,) on topics of timely interest to both professional disciplines; they offer easily accessible and quality Continuing Professional Education (CPE)